1. Rookgaard Tales collects, processes and uses personal data for the donation services. Personal data comprises stock data such as name, email address as well as usage data such as account number, password and IP address.
2. Rookgaard Tales collects the usage data that is automatically determined and transmitted by web browsers or any other client software whenever Rookgaard Tales website (rookgaardtales.com) or one of Rookgaad Tales' other online services is used.
3. Rookgaard Tales uses, among other things, cookies to collect, process and use usage data in order to allow, for instance, the management of accounts and of personal settings, the participation in the discussion forum, and the use of further personalised services.
4. Rookgaard Tales collects, processes and uses stock and usage data, to the extent that is necessary in individual cases, if it is required to reveal and to stop fraudulent behaviour or any other form of using Rookgaard Tales' services which violates legal regulations or the service agreement. In particular, Rookgaard Tales reserves the right to log, process and use information such as the time and the content of conversations and expressions of opinion that take place in their online services if there are complaints, reports or other credible indications of behaviour that violates legal regulations or the service agreement, for example the serious insulting of other users. This regulation extends to all parts of Rookgaard Tales' online service, including, but not limited to, guild channels, private channels and private messages.
5. Rookgaard Tales collects, processes and uses personal data in connection with complaints and requests to their user support in order to comply with requests in as efficient and satisfactory a manner as possible. Data that is collected for such purposes includes, but is not limited to, the email address, the date of the contact and its content.
6. Rookgaard Tales collects, processes and uses personal data for the purpose of conducting marketing actions such as the sending of emails that contain general information or promotional content, provided that the user agreed to receiving such emails separately during the account creation process or at any later time by selecting the option "Newsletter" on the account page. Every user can unsubscribe from receiving this kind of information at any time. This can either be done by deselecting the aforementioned account option "Newsletter" or by directly clicking on the unsubscribe link in any received newsletter. Also, Rookgaard Tales processes and uses personal data to compile anonymous statistical surveys for the purpose of improving their range of services.
7. Rookgaard Tales displays character names to all visitors in it's website as well as to all users in their online services in connection with certain game activities of a user in order to allow other users to selectively contact this user. This occurs, for example, when the user uses characters online, when they act as parts of character associations, or possibly when they are registered in high score lists. Furthermore, Rookgaard Tales generally makes usage data of characters, for example the time of its most recent use or information on its death, available to all visitors on all of Rookgaard Tales' websites as well as to all users in Rookgaard Tales' online services. Rookgaard Tales makes information, such as the record of rule violations or the list of defeated characters, available to certain other users, who have a supervisory role among the community of users.
8. In so far as the transfer of data to third parties is not explicitly allowed by law, Rookgaard Tales passes on personal data, to the extent that is necessary, to law
* enforcement and supervisory authorities for the purpose of preventing for the prosecution of criminal.
* passes the information to the extent that is necessary in individual cases, further personal data of users to its partner companies, for example for the purpose of handling payment transactions or to provide other services in the framework of the users' service agreement with Rookgaard Tales.
Third parties may possibly be based in all countries, but they are bound to protect personal data to the same extent as Rookgaard Tales. Rookgaard Tales will not, aside from the aforementioned cases, pass on personal data to third parties, and solely Rookgaard Tales staff have access to personal data in order to fulfil the tasks specified above.
Users have the right of access to their personal data being processed by Rookgaard Tales as well as the right to rectify or erase these personal data. Furthermore they have the right to restriction of processing, the right to object to processing of personal data and the right to data portability. Users can exercise these rights by sending an email to [email protected] If users revoke their declaration of consent to the processing of their personal data, their accounts at Rookgaard Tales will be blocked, and Rookgaard Tales personalised services will no longer be available via these accounts.